Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Happy New Year

I guess that I'm not really good at this whole blogging thing but hey I really try. We still haven't gotten the internet back at home so I do this all from home so that is probably why I'm not so faithful with this. I guess I need to update everyone on what is happening at our house: Charlie-- well he still has a job but it is still up in the air. As we all know the economy is really bad and it is only going to get worse till the Lord comes back so we just keep praying that while we are here on this earth that Charlie still has a job! He enjoys what he is doing but would really like to get a job at the Sheriff's office working in the jail it would just be more stable for him so we just keep praying that it will happen. Abbie-- is just getting bigger and smarter. Her teachers at school tell me to watch out that she is really smart and is going to go far so we are thankful for that. We've even had to start talking in "pig" latin around her and then sometimes I wonder if can understand that. Taylor--- I really think she should of been my boy because she is just rough but she can so sweet at times. I wish we could get her potty trained but she just isnt' interested in it at all so we just keep trying, hoping and praying that one day soon it will click with her. She is also really smart.. she can count to 10, say all of her abc's and then try to mother the other two. Katelynn--well she is now 4 motnhs old. She is trying to teeth already so maybe she will be my baby that has teeth before she is 2 :). She is also really trying to make conversation now and her and Taylor really go at it's really cute to watch. Me-- well I still work for a therapy office as the front office coordinator. I like it but it's not something that I want to do for the rest of my life. I really want to go back to school to become a nurse or even work for the school system that way I can be off when the girls are off, but no school anytime soon have to get the kids a little bigger. I decided though that I was going to loose all of the baby weight that I've put on the last 5 years so I've started Weight Watchers and have about 70 pounds to loose. I guess that is about it I will try to post pictures tomorrow so you can see how big the girls are getting. We love and miss everyone.

1 comment:

Lifelong Learner said...

Thanks so much for the update! I bet it's hard if you don't have a computer at home. I've cut way back on blogging, but plan on getting back into it this year. I was going to pack it up, but after going back and reading the last few years...there's so much I have forgotten! So it's been a fun chronology of the goings on in the Hughes House. :)

Have you considered online courses? If you can get the computer thing figured out at home, it's a big option. A lot of community colleges offer courses online. Em has a couple and she loves them. She can work on them around her work schedule. Just a thought!

You're missed!