Monday, February 23, 2009
Pray warrior
Alzhimers, I never wanted to hear that word again about anyone in our family but I knew I would not be able to avoid it. I knew that Grandma showed signs of it but really didn't believe it till I heard mom tell me over the phone that yes Grandma has Alzhimers. I waited till the next day and talked with Grandma but couldn't help and wonder how much longer I will be able to do this but the thing that got me really worried is that she's one of my pray warriors. Whenever my life falls apart I know to call Grandma and she stops what she is doing and prays she is always praying for one of us if not all of us at some point during her day.
I hope that this nasty disease doesn't bother her till my kids get to know her better I know that sounds selfish but I want my kids to enjoy Grandma as much as I have and will continue to do.
Just like Grandma said to me on the phone and I'm sure is saying to everyone else we have to cherish each day that we have with each other.
So let's have more family get togethers and more family time because you never know what will happen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Which Gramma?
Grandma A
I feel the same way! We were just talking about her and thinking about how blessed we have been through the years. She has always been such an encouragement to me thourgh the years. Mind you she often spoke truthfully and at times it wasn't what I wanted to hear but then that is true love to speak honestly even if it hurts alittle. :)
Boy that just made me really miss her! :)
what a great post Erin....
Post a Comment